Men can find it difficult to seek support for difficulties in their marriages or relationships.
Yet it is professional coaching that can help a man save his relationship or change the dynamic to a more loving, restorative experience rather than one of coldness, criticism, conflict or constant bickering.
The main things men tell me are:
Men’s common complaints about their wives or partners, and what can lead to marital dissatisfaction, distance and/or infidelity or cheating.
- Whatever I do it’s not good enough, not perfect enough
- It always she is right and I am wrong.
- She is so bossy and it always has to be her way.
- She makes me feel like an idiot.
- We just can’t agree on anything, even on what to watch on TV.
- I never get any time to myself, there is always so much waiting for me to do.
- She manages all our money and I never see anything for all my efforts.
- She is always on my back about something…it seems like she never lets up.
- Then when I do the things she wants it’s never good enough.
- She always has the right words to say and so many of them – I can’t compete so I just walk away.
- I feel dumb and hopeless.
- Sometimes I just want a cuddle in bed but she is not interested even in just a cuddle.
- She turns her back on me in bed.
- She used to be so sexy and cuddly and nowadays I am lucky to get a peck on the cheek ……occasionally.
- I give up…I don’t know what to do next…we have no connection anymore.
But relationship coaching (Couples Master Coaching) can help a couple restore their loving bond, and avert a breakup, separation or divorce.
Read more about men’s relationship concerns and how to tell if you’re on the verge of a relationship breakup or divorce.
Or book a free call to discuss how coaching can assist you with counselling for men having marital difficulties or relationship challenges.
I hope you found this article about men’s marital complaints interesting and helpful.
I look forward to guiding the repair of your relationship with a confidential coaching program or intensive marital counselling.
Dee Tozer, Couples Master Coach
International assistance through online sessions using Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp or Zoom or in-person marriage counselling sessions in Australia (Melbourne based).
Page last updated on June 16, 2019.