Here’s what I want you to know about the way I work with you.
- Across more than 30 years I have guided over 2,000 couples to heal from deepest hurt from infidelity, betrayal, cheating. Whether it was as simple as online messaging or as complex as a long term affair I guide you to re-connect, and transform your relationship to one that thrives.
- I focus on providing a no judgement, safe haven where you can unburden yourself from the pain and anguish you and your spouse are suffering.
- I take a psychological education approach to create solid foundations by sharing a deep and broad knowledge in this complex area of couples in crisis.
- I aim to provide a balanced mix of couples’ transformation strategies, uplifting mindset shift coaching and actions specific to you, which will show you how to realign and rewire your relationship and life.
- The depth of your pain, and possibly trauma, is fully understood as is the support and specific guidance you need to experience relationship breakthroughs which bring you into a new relationship that thrives.
Over these 30 years many, many of the people who came to see me for help with anxiety or depression, were actually caught up in conflict with their mate and it became clear that if I could help couples build a safe and sound emotional life together then anxiety and depression were significantly decreased and often disappeared. Hence my passion was ignited.
Most couples in distress have the following stuff going on: it might be put downs, hurtful words, angry reactions, vitriolic statements, raised voices, or even hurtful silences or walk aways. There could be trust issues, jealousy, dominance and control or competitiveness. All of these threaten the emotional security of one or both partners and a fight or flight response usually occurs. Which means that one partner or both, will either fight, or flee the situation….that is walk away….or eventually leave…or seek comfort and love from someone else.
The Fight or Flight response is the basis of our self protective behaviour as human beings. The same goes for most animals who, when under threat from a predator, and their immediate survival is at stake, have to make an instantaneous decision to either stand up and fight the predator off, or flee from the danger. With couples relationship conflict it boils down to the same instinctive fight or flight response. However as humans in a love relationship we don’t usually bolt away in the other direction at the first sign of trouble, instead we put up all manner of defenses and attacks to protect ourselves which, if kept up for too long, eventually fracture the relationship and it falls apart.
Hence over many many years my role as a couples counsellor and most recently “coach” has evolved to provide couples with the learnings, understandings and skills which teach them:
- how to soothe each other and keep loving feelings alive
- how to recognize the cry for reassurance from their spouse
- how to break the resentment cycle
- how to remove the threat of break up and loss of family and loved ones
- how to dissolve the pain of feeling unloved or unloveable
- how to express concerns and talk to each other without destructive ridicule & on-going criticism and conflict
My starting point is to create the safe place for this couple to begin expressing their concerns in a non-threatening, non-judgmental, warm and friendly setting. Whether it be in person in my counseling rooms, on line, or via my online courses you will feel heard and understood as I talk about the feelings you are probably experiencing which is what brought you to my page. The first session will put you at ease and help you find the initial steps towards sorting things out. Most often taking this first step starts to alleviate the overwhelming pain and you can see light at the end of the tunnel.
Typically it takes a program of 90 days either in person or online to turn you and your mate around. Oh, can I hear you saying wow, that’s a short time frame, I thought couples therapy would take months and months!
Well this is not standard couples therapy, this is Couples Master Coaching for Accelerated Affair Repair.